YARDLEY BOROUGH >> Downtown Yardley will be hosting its next 2nd Saturday event this weekend with a #WelcomeSummer theme, supported by Visit Bucks County and sponsored by Customers Bank.
Downtown Yardley businesses, the Friends of Lake Afton and the Yardley Farmers Market will be sharing a variety of experiences, specials and even chances to win great prizes on Saturday, June 8.
Visitors and their families can pick up gifts and flowers, take a boat ride on Lake Afton, participate in a music workshop or pilates class, see some amazing art by folks living with HomeFront, listen to live music in three different venues, enjoy some treats and snacks, sit down to lunch and dinner specials (outdoors or inside), meet an artist up close, find some great deals on spa services, hair styling and fashion and get a free keepsake family photo, all within walking distance in Yardley’s eclectic and vibrant downtown.
All told, participants can take advantage of an array of fun things to do, see, and win along with enjoying some #WelcomeSummer specials in some 18 different downtown business and organizations. There will even be a public grand opening of Yardley’s latest business starting at Noon at Maura Rose Floral Design & Events at 40 S. Main Street (rear).
“I love being able to Welcome Summer in Yardley, hopefully without a rainy day! From the Yardley Farmers Market, health and wellness activities, and sales and specials that start early in the day to board paddling on Lake Afton to meal and drink and dessert specialties during the afternoon, to live music and art receptions right in town,” Jef Buehler, President of Experience Yardley said. “As a local resident with kids growing up here, it brings great joy that they can simply say ‘I’m going downtown to 2nd Saturday’ and I know the are great and mostly free experiences, cultural activities, and music just a short walk from home!”
The event is happening on June 8th from 8:30 a.m. to Midnight in downtown Yardley, with businesses and organizations hosting a variety of experiences at different times during the day. The full schedule of the #WelcomeSummer 2nd Saturday Yardley event can be found at 2ndSaturdayYardley on Facebook as well as on posters all over downtown Yardley.
“We love to engage with our community and be an active part of our downtown,” Taylor McFadden of The Spa on Main said. “Our contests are open to the public at large and of course our customers, but the real win is meeting new people and letting them see what we’re all about.”
2nd Saturday Yardley, run by the all-volunteer non-profit Experience Yardley organization, started in November 2017 and has occurred every month since then. See experienceyardley.com for the full roster of programs and activities for the year.
The participating businesses and organizations for 2nd Saturday Yardley #WeclomeSummer on June 8 are:
- Pure Eco-wellness Salon & Spa - Seasonal Summer Specials - Spaces limited sign up now! 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ye Olde Yardley Florist - Welcome Summer with a buy one, get one free outdoor plant special. 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Yardley Farmers Market - Meet the Penn State Master Gardeners. Kids can learn about gardening and transplant a flower to take home! Great produce and products, too! 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Witt Pilates - Open house with tours and demonstrations! 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Makefield Insurance Agency - Stop by to enter to win a beach-themed gift basket with towel, lunch cooler and more while picking up some great insurance rates and information. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Giana Rose Couture - Welcome summer with some early-season specials! 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Canal Street Grille - Summer seasonal specials with seafood and spring vegetables (on the patio or inside). 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Yardley General - "Sip & Dip" specials! Stock up before or after the pool, the shore or Music on Main. 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Burritos Yardley - Enjoy a Chimichanga special all day and don't forget a refreshing "Burritos Drink"! 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Maura Rose Floral Design & Events - All are invited to a grand opening starting at Noon with a ribbon cutting! Come out to the open house and studio with floral design demonstrations and a raffle to win a beautiful piece of floral art. 12 to 2 p.m.
- The Spa on Main - Pop in to win! Spin a "Summer Relaxation Wheel" for a chance to win spa cash, coupons, products, gift baskets, skin consultations and more! 12 to 4 p.m.
- Friends Of Lake Afton - Boat rides ($5 a ride) on the lake with proceeds supporting the maintenance and health of the lake. Ongoing from 12 to 4 p.m.
- Yardley Ice House - Welcome Summer by coming in for a free "dip" for your cone. Just ask! 12 p.m. to closing
- Appletini Photography - Visit us to say hi and come away with a complimentary professionally-photographed outdoor (weather permitting) keepsake photo! 1 to 3 p.m.
- Touchstone Art Gallery - "Cool art for a cause" in support of HomeFront. Artist's reception and refreshments. Check out talented local artists and buy art that is beautiful and makes lives better! 5 to 7 p.m.
- Music on Main - Enjoy live music under the open sky with Music on Main. Performing at 6 p.m. at the entrance to Buttonwood Plaza is Magdaliz & Her Latin Ensemble. Pick up food and beverage downtown, bring your own chair and get comfortable! Dancing shoes optional! 6 to 8 p.m.
- The Cellar@Yardley General - "Sip & Dip" specials inside or on the patio. Bring them over to Music on Main! 6 to 8 p.m.
- Vault Brewing Co. - Fantastic brews and cuisine all day and later the Cecilia Ferneborg Trio plays live! 7 to 10 p.m.
- Continental Tavern - Live music with local favorites Fran and Jim (acoustic) from 9 p.m. to Midnight.