YARDLEY BOROUGH >> Downtown Yardley will host 2nd Saturday Yardley with a #SpringIntoYardley theme, sponsored by Barroso’s Landscaping & Tree Service and held in celebration of the arrival of spring.
Downtown businesses and the Friends of Lake Afton will be sharing a variety of spring-related experiences, specials, and even chances to win great prizes on April 13. Visitors can get a free professional family photo, take some boat rides on iconic Lake Afton, sample treats, snacks, champagne and fine egg-shaped chocolates, order special spring-inspired drinks and cuisine on outdoor patios, meet some artists up close, find some great deals, and catch live music indoors and outside, all within walking distance in Yardley’s eclectic and vibrant downtown.
All told, participants can take advantage of an array of fun things to do, see, and win along with enjoying some #SpringIntoYardley specials in 14 different downtown businesses.
“Now that spring has sprung, coming downtown for 2nd Saturday to take in our casual and fun small-town feel on hopefully a beautiful day is just the way to celebrate the new season,” David Applebaum, the treasurer of Experience Yardley said. “As a resident it’s great to be able to just stay in town, walk to Main Street and know that I and my family can find something cool to do all day long!”
The event is happening on Saturday, April 13 from 9 a.m. to Midnight in downtown Yardley, with businesses and organizations hosting a variety of experiences at different times during the day. The full schedule of the #SpringInoYardley 2nd Saturday Yardley event can be found at 2ndSaturdayYardley on Facebook as well as on posters all over downtown Yardley.
2nd Saturday Yardley, run by Experience Yardley, started in November 2017 and has occurred every month since then.
“We love when the springtime comes,” Ivan Barroso, owner of Burritos Yardley noted, “the restaurants put all their tables outside, couples and families are strolling the sidewalks, and our little town’s vibe really starts taking off. We love being part of the great feeling of community in Yardley, and the warmer weather doesn’t hurt either!”
The participating businesses and organizations for 2nd Saturday Yardley #SpringInoYardley on April 13th are:
- Witt Pilates - spring into SHAPE with us - Come In for an open house w/ live pilates demonstrations and receive a week of free classes! 9 a.m. to Noon
- The Spa on Main - come by for a chance to win a “Spring into Spa on Main” gift basket (aromatherapy products+gift card) while you enjoy a Spring Skincare Sale! 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Simply Stunning Hair Studio - Stunning Spring Special: $5 braiding for young girls, $20 blow-outs for moms, and our Coffee Bar with tea and water, too! 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Appletini Photography - Pop over for a "Frame my Family" open house: get a studio tour, see our portrait-making process, have some light snacks, enter to win a ($425 Value) family portrait session and leave with a free family photo! 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Ye Olde Yardley Florist - put some spring in your step with a sweet Lesaint French Chocolate and champagne tasting while you pick up some fantastic flowers and gifts! 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Makefield Insurance Agency - Stop by for a flower basket raffle, Yardley gift card contest and great insurance rates and inforomation for spring and every season! 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friends of Lake Afton - Springtime Boat Rides ($5 per pedalboat or canoe) with proceeds supporting the health of the lake! Noon to 4 p.m.
- Canal Street Grille - Spring-inspired specials for lunch and dinner inside and on the patio! 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Burritos Yardley - Sip some springtime wtih our signature Burritos drink, Horchata (cinnamon rice water), Jamaica (Hibiscus tea) and enjoy chicken empanada specials all day long! 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Touchstone Art Gallery - Artist's reception for the "New Shoots" show by the awesome ROOTS Artist Collective (RAC); cool art, sips and snacks! 5 to 7 p.m.
- Yardley Ice House - Free "SpringKles" on all purchases (Noon to closing) and special live "music to stand in line by" (sets with guitarist and crooner "Mr. B"!) 5 to 8 p.m. (ish)
- The Cellar @ Yardley General - Stop by for some chilling with speakeasy vibes and our new "spring" wine cocktails all evening! 5 to 11 p.m.
- Vault Brewing Co. - Fantastic brews and cuisine (lunch til' late) and Dariel Peniazek live! 7 to 10 p.m.
- Continental Tavern - Great food and drink all day with a chance to win a Continental gift card. Live music with The Idle Woodsman! 9 p.m. to Midnight.