LANGHORNE BOROUGH >> The Langhorne Council for the Arts has an exciting line-up of presenters scheduled for their 7th Annual Summer Speakers Series. All presentations will be held at the headquarters of Historic Langhorne Association (Anna Mary WIlliamson Library and Museum), 160 W. Maple Avenue in Langhorne Borough, beginning at 7:30 p.m. A donation of $5 per person is requested at the door to support the LCA student scholarship fund. The building is air conditioned and handicap-accessible. Seating is limited. Mark your calendar and bring your friends!
• June 26: STONE HOUSE REVIVAL. Meet Jeff Devlin, the Langhorne native who put the beautiful old homes of Bucks County on the map with his popular TV shows on HGTV and the DYI Network. Jeff will talk about his love of restoration and his experiences in preserving 200 year old homes and barns in our area.
• July 10: SONGS OF THE TIMES OF OUR LIVES — Concert. Langhorne composer and performer Carol Deaver will be joined by three equally talented women who comprise the musical group, No Windows, in a concert and conversation about songwriting. Clever, touching, funny, and thoroughly entertaining!
• July 24: TALES OF THE WOODLANDS PEOPLE: Traditional Native American Stories of the Eastern Woodlands. Storyteller Rob Aptaker has spent decades researching and sharing stories of Native Americans from all over North America. With great respect for their heritage and beliefs, Rob will relate traditional tales and sacred teachings of Native Americans of our region.
• August 7: BEHIND THE SCENES OF A LOCAL NEWSPAPER - Shane Fitzgerald, executive editor of the Bucks County Courier Times, Burlington County Times, and Doylestown Intelligencer, will talk about the efforts and decisions that go into publishing a newspaper that serves a diverse community.
• August 21: CULTIVATING EVERYDAY MINDFULNESS TO REDUCE STRESS AND ENHANCE CREATIVITY - Each day we learn more about the benefits of Mindfulness and its effects on our mental health and ability to lead an active and fulfilling life. Using an evidence-based approach, you will learn and practice a simple and highly effective way to be mindful throughout the day and how to share this practice with others. Presented by psychologist Phil Tenaglia.