In response to the growing number of power outages from Wednesday's snow storm, the Red Cross Eastern PA has opened a shelter at the Middletown Municipal Building at 3 Municipal Way, Langhorne in Bucks County.
The shelter provides warm meals, a safe place to sleep and emotional support for those with immediate, disaster-caused needs.
Anyone coming to a Red Cross shelter should bring essential items for each member of the family:
- Prescriptions and emergency medications
- Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
- Extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
- Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
- Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
- Chargers for any electronic devices you bring with you
- Books, games and other ways to entertain your family and yourself
- Food, crate, and other supplies to care for your pet