NORTHAMPTON TOWNSHIP >> The township launches its 2019 Sights and Sounds of Summer Concert Series on June 6 with performances by the Council Rock Middle and High School Jazz Bands. The music begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Northampton Township Municipal Park, 281 Hatboro Road, Churchville.
The free series continues every Thursday beginning at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. The rain location is inside the Maureen M. Welch School Gym, 750 New Road, Churchville. Please bring a lawn chair or blanket as seating is on the ground.
Each concert starts at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Refreshments will be made available with proceeds benefiting the Northampton Lions Club.
The series continues:
- June 13 with The Belairs Doo Wop Band with the music of the 50’s and 60’s when hair was slicked back and the music was smooth.
- June 20 with the Swing Time Dolls. Audiences will take a sentimental journey back to the days of Glenn Miller, the Andrew Sisters and the sounds of the swing era. Audiences also will enjoy a display of classic and vintage cars along the walkway
- June 27 will bring Lolly & Yoyo to the stage with an entertaining, high energy, interactive show. Come early to make chalk creations on the pathway to the concert - chalk will be provided! The event starts at 6:30 p.m.
- July 11 will feature “The Mix” and its authentic harmonies, unique blend of music from the 60’s through the 80’s.
- July 18 brings the “Little Roosters” to the stage. The Roosters are a DelVal area premier blues band, delivering their own brand of blues, combined with a crowd-pleasing, high-energy performance and a whole lot of fun! Enjoy a display of classic and vintage cars along the walkway.
- July 25 features Midlife Crisis, a local band with a variety of cover favorites, classic rock, 80’s, 90’s, pop and party music.
- August 1 closes the series with a performance by The Fabulous Greaseband with their highly entertaining and energetic delivery of the greatest dance songs. Bring the whole family, neighbors and friends.